Dubbed the “Maldives paradise in Vietnam”, Nam Du Island is one of the most beautiful islands in Kien Giang province, with its charming pristine beauty, blue sea, white sand, sunshine, and fresh seafood. … has captivated anyone who comes here. Traveling to Kien Giang Nam Du Island will bring you a very interesting and memorable experience.
Handbook tourism Kien Giang Nam Du Island will bring you all latest information handicapped extremely helpful on this beautiful island, and Vietnam Travel discover nhé!
1. What is attractive to visit Nam Du Island in Kien Giang?
Located in the southeast of Phu Quoc Island, and about 60km from the mainland, is the beautiful Nam Du archipelago. Administratively, Nam Du archipelago belongs to two communes of An Son and Nam Du, Kien Hai district, Kien Giang province, with a total area of about 1,054ha, including 21 islands, large and small, of which 11 are residents live.
In recent years, the tourism of Nam Du Kien Giang Island has just started to develop, so this place still retains a wild, peaceful landscape, clear sea, blue, smooth white sand. stretches, rows of coconut water stretching out to the sea to welcome the wind, shimmering coral reefs in the sun, colorful fish swarming, fresh and delicious seafood … all have created the strength. Great appeal for this archipelago.Nam Du Island is known as “Maldives paradise in Vietnam”
Coming to Nam Du Island, visitors will enjoy the most wonderful things. The first thing to do is to immerse yourself in the cool blue water of the sea. The sea water here is so clean and transparent that you can see the bottom. Nam Du is also the ideal place for you to experience diving watching the fanciful coral reefs on the ocean floor. Join squid fishing, fishing and snail fishing trips, processing seafood just finished by yourself, enjoying the fresh taste of the sea is nothing better. And “en n e” beautiful islands like Hon Lon, Hon Ngang, Hon Dau, Hon Mau, Hon Son … waiting for you to explore.
Hit the road traveling Nam Du c’mon!Coming to Nam Du Island, visitors will enjoy the most wonderful things
2. Destinations not to be missed when traveling to Kien Giang Nam Du Island
As a fairly large archipelago, so tourism Nam Du Island Kien Giang has many interesting destinations. To list out, many, Vietnam Travelers will combine destinations by each island for your convenience to refer and combine the tour schedule.
Hon Lon, also known as Hon Cu Tron, is the largest island in the Nam Du archipelago, with an area of 771ha, with many beautiful beaches such as Dat Do beach, Ngu beach, Cay Men beach, Gieng beach, beach Pebbles …Green sea in Hon Lon Nam Du island
– Bai Cay Men is one of the beautiful beaches of Nam Du, famous for its green coconut trees, with trees up to tens of years old. The sea is clear, cool and extremely clean.
– Bai Ngu is located west of Hon Lon, associated with the story, this is the stop of King Gia Long on the way to Siam.The beauty of Bai Ngu Nam Du
– Do not forget to visit the Nam Du lighthouse located at an altitude of 296m above sea level to visit the radar station and enjoy the panoramic view of the islands from above.Nam Du Lighthouse
Visiting Hon Lon Nam Du Island , you can enjoy swimming, diving and watching coral. It is best to rent a motorbike around the island, run on a coastal road, one side is a steep cliff, one side is a turquoise blue sea, far away is the sparkling sea in the sun, a glimpse of the boat and the Small hidden island… picturesque scene.
From Hon Lon, it takes about 30 minutes by train to reach Hon Ngang. Hon Ngang is the richest and most populated island in Nam Du, with more than 900 households living by fishing and farming grouper and grouper.
Maybe you do not know, on Hon Ngang there is the largest seaport Nam Du, many ships and boats here anchor.
Coming to Huong Ngang, visitors can visit the rocky rapids with many interesting shapes, remember to rent a boat to visit the fish cages to better understand the life of fishermen. In addition, on Hon Ngang there is a sacred Ba Chua Xu temple – the spiritual destination of the inhabitants of the island.Traveling Nam Du with a group of close friends is an unforgettable experience in life
Covering an area of 200 hectares with more than 100 households living, Hon Mau is also one of the beautiful destinations of Nam Du Kien Giang Island tourism , especially the extremely beautiful beaches such as Chuong beach, Bac beach, beach Mouth, beach South …
Bai Chuong is named after the wind blowing season of the year, famous for its clear blue water and fine white sand.
Bai Bac, also known as Da Den, has many types of rock with strange shapes and special colors.Hon Mau in Nam Du with interesting destinations
– Bai Nom is peaceful with rows of green coconut whispering in the wind
– Bai Nam with calm waves, gentle wind, is the place where ships and boats are anchored and trading activities take place.Pristine beach, serene
Quite desolate with very few households living is Hon Dau, here the wild and peaceful sea is extremely peaceful. Especially, Hon Dau is famous throughout the region thanks to its beautiful coral reefs on the seabed, along with large primitive forests.
Hon Dau is the ideal destination for overnight camping with a group of friends and enjoying grilled seafood on the beach.The serene beauty of Hon Dau Nam Du
Hon Son and Ma Thien Lanh hill
Hon Son, also known as Hon Son Rai, is located between Hon Tre and Nam Du, famous for its shape like a giant mountain floating in the sea. The scenery here combines the mountains and the sea with a poetic and lyrical beauty.Hon Son, also known as Hon Son Rai, is a quite famous destination in Nam Du
In Hon Son, there are many rocks with many strange shapes for visitors to admire, especially at Thien Tu beach, close to Nam Hai Temple.
Referring to Hon Son, do not forget to explore Ma Thien Lanh hill, which is associated with thrilling myths such as fairy goddesses, or a place of cultivation for many monks. Especially on the way up Ma Thien Lanh hill, you can also admire the exposed Buddha statue and many traces on the rock that the ancient people recorded.
3. Enjoy Nam Du seafood “delicious, delicious, cheap”
Traveling to Nam Du, of course, you have to enjoy seafood, shrimp, fish, squid, and crabs … are caught and processed so it’s extremely fresh and the price is too cheap. There are also normal dishes, but the ingredients are transported from the mainland to the island, so the price is slightly higher.Fresh seafood in Nam Du
Take a look at some certain dishes not to miss on your Nam Du Kien Giang Island tour :
– Grilled green fish with banana shreds
Bluebones are also known as amphibians, living in saltwater sea, with round and long body, pointy head, large ones weighing up to 2 – 3 kg and up to a meter long. The way to cook is quite easy, clean the fish, then cover it with banana sheaths, tie the rope tightly and then cook over the fire.
Fish meat is firm, sweet, chewy, served with rice paper and raw vegetables is all delicious.
– Grilled scallops with onion oil
A familiar dish that all seas have. Fat scallops, processed into dishes such as grilled scallops with onion fat, roasted scallops with salt and pepper, steamed scallops, lemongrass … are extremely delicious.
– Sour soup with sea fish
Kien Giang waters are famous throughout the region for the specialty of Cobia, the black long-bodied fish that looks quite similar to snakehead fish, extremely chewy and sweet, cooked with sour soup with vegetables like mint, price , cilantro, sour and sour soup stick to eat forever without being bored
– Steamed squid eggs with ginger
What is more interesting than floating the sea to experience squid and egg processing immediately. Ginger steamed squid keeps the freshness of the squid and is extremely sweet and crispy. Egg squid is very nutritious, and is also used to process many delicious dishes such as salted squid, fried squid, salted squid …Grilled scallops with onion oil, pickled fish broth, grilled green fish with banana kernels, steamed squid with ginger …
4. Experience in tourism on Nam Du Kien Giang Island
Traveling to Kien Giang Nam Du Island which season is the most beautiful?
The best time to travel to Kien Giang Nam Du Island is from December to March next year. At this time, the sea is calm, the waves are gentle, and the sunshine is beautiful, suitable for visiting the islands. If the northern provinces are in the cold winter, you can reward yourself with a Nam Du trip to avoid the cold.
The period from April to November should be avoided because it is rainy season, stormy season, rough seas, boats restrict travel, and the weather is very unfavorable for the trip.
How to move to Nam Du Island
Because it is about 60km from the mainland, to move to Nam Du Island , you must first reach Rach Gia city of Kien Giang province, then from Rach Gia pier, you take a boat to the island.
If you depart from Saigon, you go to the Western Bus Station to take a bus to Rach Gia. If you depart from Hanoi or other provinces, you will take a flight to Tan Son Nhat airport, from here there are two options: one is to continue flight from Tan Son Nhat to Rach Gia airport, the other is to move. West bus station to take a bus. Ticket price for passenger car from Saigon to Rach Gia is about 150,000 – 170,000 VND / ticket. You can take the night bus to arrive the next morning as well, saving travel time.The means of moving to Nam Du Island is a speedboat
From Rach Gia pier, take a high-speed train to get to Nam Du. Tickets for high-speed trains range from 200,000 to 450,000 VND / ticket, with one-way tickets and round-trip tickets. Some shipping lines that you can choose from are:
– Supper East high-speed train: Ticket price 210,000 VND / ticket, travel time about 2 hours, the route starts from Rach Gia – Hon Tre – Hon Son – Nam Du. Departure time from Rach Gia is 8:15 am, while from Nam Du is 12:15 daily. Phone number for booking train: 0773877742.
– Red River high-speed train: Ticket price 200,000 VND / ticket, travel time about 2 hours, the route starts from Rach Gia – Hon Tre – Hon Son – Nam Du. Departure time from Rach Gia is 8:10 am, while from Nam Du is 12:10 daily. Phone number for booking train: 0773814646.
– Ngoc Thanh high-speed train: Ticket price is 210,000 VND / ticket, travel time is about 2 hours, the route starts from Rach Gia – Hon Tre – Hon Son – Nam Du. Departure time from Rach Gia is 8:15, and from Nam Du is 12:15. Phone number for booking train: 077 3863019 – 0918914188.
– Ho Hai wooden train: Schedule from Rach Gia – Nam Du, travel time 5 hours, departure time from Rach Gia at 9am and from Nam Du is 14h. Phone number for booking train: 0773863019
– Hoa Hop wooden train: Schedule from Rach Gia – Nam Du, travel time 8 hours, leave Rach Gia wharf at 20:30.
Vehicles on the island
Nam Du archipelago has many small islands and places to visit are far apart, so transportation when in Nam Du will be motorbikes on the island and ships when moving back and forth between the surrounding small islands.
At Nam Du motels with motorbike rental service, priced at about 150,000 – 200,000 VND / day, you should rent to be active in traveling and visiting tourist destinations such as Nam Du Lighthouse, Ben Ngu , the Men Tree …
Want to move between islands, it is imperative to take a boat, on the island there are some people chartering a private boat, or you go straight to the pier, find the fishing boats of the people to ask for hire. Note when chartering a train is to agree on the price in advance. Some charterers that you can refer to: Anh Phong Vu – 0919 138 369, Anh Bay – 0946 654 037 or 0392 701 208, Anh Ngai – 0336 977 859, Aunt Tu Tho – 036 484 0940, Anh Sau – 0944 899 122, Note Hai – 034 731 0277.
Where to stay when traveling to Kien Giang Nam Du Island
Tourism on Nam Du Island Kien Giang is still quite wild and has not been exploited, investing in the development of high-end hotel systems, where to stay are mainly motels and homestays with affordable prices, but convenient The facilities are also quite adequate, and the room price ranges from 150,000 to 300,000 / room / night.
The experience of choosing to drop off at Nam Du is that you should contact a reservation to be sure, because the number of motels and homestays here is also quite limited. In addition, you should choose motels close to the pier for easy transport and do not lose a lot of shuttle bus fees.
In addition, Nam Du also has a very interesting overnight camping experience, you can go to Bai Dau to camp with a group of friends, the rent is 30,000 VND / person, and the rent for tents is 40,000 VND / set.
Some hostels in Nam Du that you can refer to:
– Huynh Hua Guest House: address 56 Cu Tron Hamlet, An Son. Room price: 200,000 – 350,000 VND. Phone for reservation: 0919 115543 – 077 383 0709
– Trung Ngan Guest House in Bai Chet, An Son. Phone for reservation: 0949 828 273 – 077 383 0707
– Kim Yen vacation home, in An Son commune, phone number: 0939 486 262
– Sau Co Guest House, address of An Son commune, phone number: 0907 172 656
– Thuy Kiep guesthouse, address of An Son commune, phone number: 077 3830 853 – 0914 499 863
– Nhung Nam Guest House, address of An Son commune, phone number: 083 456 3121 – 077 3830 800
– Hong Dao guest house, Lai Son commune address, booking phone: 0773 830 597 – 0912 039 597
– Hong Hai guesthouse, Lai Son commune address, booking phone: 0773 604 298
There is also homestay Bai Soi Beach (Hon Lon), booking phone number: 0904 400 604 and Humiso tourist area (An Cu, An Son), booking phone number: 0855 558 888, with a higher price. but the rooms are designed quite nicely.Humiso Tourist Area in An Cu, An Son, Nam Du
Hopefully, the travel guide for Nam Du Kien Giang Island has brought you useful information and made your trip easier and smoother.
December is coming very close, this is the time when Nam Du Island is in the best tourist season of the year, do not hesitate any more, carry your backpack and go!