If departing from Saigon outside the plane, you can choose to train to Phu Quoc. So how to catch a train to Phu Quoc? How is the fare and time of the train going to Phu Quoc?
Where does the train to Phu Quoc depart from?
Train to Phu Quoc you can depart from Rach Gia or Ha Tien. In which, the distance from Ha Tien to Phu Quoc is 45km, travel time is 2 hours and 10 minutes. If you take the train from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc, the travel time only takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Therefore, most people choose to take the train from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc to save travel time. To get to the train location, visitors will have to travel by bus or motorbike to Ha Tien or Phu Quoc.
Where does the train to Phu Quoc depart from?
Shipping lines run from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
Here are the train lines to Phu Quoc that have a regular daily schedule, you can refer to:
1. Superdong Rach Gia – Phu Quoc high-speed train
This type of ship has a two-storey space, is considered safe because it is very resistant to bad weather. In particular, the Superdong can still operate normally when the wind is at level 7. The compartment can accommodate up to 258 passengers. The cabin rooms include clean toilets, a smoking room and a beautiful viewing area.
Ticket price and running time of Superdong train from Rach Gia – Phu Quoc (vice versa)
– Adults: 330,000 VND, children 240,000 VND, disabled people: 245,000 VND and the elderly: 280,000 VND.
– Time of train running: Afternoon from Rach Gia is 8 am – 8:30 am – 12:30 am – 13:00. In the opposite direction from Phu Quoc 8am – 8:30 am – 12:30 am – 13:00.
Ticket price and running time of Superdong train from Ha Tien – Phu Quoc (vice versa)
– Train tickets for adults are 230,000 VND, children are 160,000 VND, disabled people are 170,000 VND and the elderly are 195,000 VND.
– Departure time: Afternoon from Ha Tien 07:30 – 08:00 – 12:30 – 13h15 and afternoon from Phu Quoc back to 8:00 – 08:00 – 09h45 – 13:00.
Note: Ticket price and time may vary from time to time, so the experience of booking a train to Phu Quoc is that you should call and ask for the schedule.
Superdong Rach Gia – Phu Quoc high-speed train
To buy tickets for the Superdong high-speed train to Phu Quoc, you can refer directly to the airline’s website: www.superdong.com.vn. Address to buy train tickets when traveling to Phu Quoc :
– Rach Gia: 14 Tu Do, Vinh Thanh Ward, City. Rach Gia. Tel: (0297) 3877 742
– Phu Quoc: No. 10, Street 30/4, KP2, Duong Dong town. Tel: (0297) 3980 111
– TP. HCM: 12 Nguyen Ngoc Loc, Ward 14, District 10. Tel: (028) 38 666 333
– Ha Tien: 11 Tran Hau, Binh San Ward, Ha Tien Town. Tel: (0297) 3955 933
2. The 5-star Phu Quoc Express Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
The train to Phu Quoc Express is 5-star international standard, equipped with extremely modern. The cabin can accommodate more than 300 other passengers, with 16 Business Class seats. Choosing an Express train you can rest assured with the open deck so you do not worry about seasickness. The deck can accommodate up to 50 people for visitors to comfortably admire the scenery. All cabins of the ship are fully equipped with modern amenities, especially VIP cabins with screens for visitors to entertain.
Ticket price and return time from Ha Tien – Phu Quoc (vice versa)
– Adult ticket price is 250,000 VND, children 200,000 VND, the elderly is 200,000 VND and Vip ticket is 350,000 VND.
Train time: From Ha Tien 06:30 – 10:30 – 14:30. From Phu Quoc 08:30 – 12:30 – 16:30
The 5-star Phu Quoc Express Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
Ticket price and return time from Rach Gia – Phu Quoc (vice versa)
– Train ticket price for adults is 340,000 VND, children 270,000 VND, the elderly is 270,000 VND and Vip tickets is 540,000 VND.
– Time of train running: Afternoon from Rach Gia 08h45 and afternoon from Phu Quoc: 12:15
To book Phu Quoc Express train , you can go to 98 Cach Mang Thang Tam, To Chau Ward, Ha Tien Town. Or call (029.7) 3 852 575 – 0914 852 575.
3. High-speed train to Phu Quoc – Ngoc Thanh
Choosing a train to Phu Quoc by Ngoc Thanh company is highly appreciated for its quality, modern decorated rooms and a capacity of about 250 passengers. To book Ngoc Thanh high-speed train, you can go directly to No. 98, Cach Mang Thang 8, Po Chau Ward, Ha Tien City. Tel: (0297.3) 70 15 75 – 0918 18 15 75 or Rach Gia: No. 23, 3/2, Vinh Thanh Van Ward, Rach Gia City. Tel: (0297.3) 70 15 75 – 0918 18 15 75. Or you can visit website: www.ngocthanhexpress.com to find out detailed information.
High-speed train to Phu Quoc – Ngoc Thanh
Fares and train times from Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
– Adult fare is 280,000 VND, children are 200,000 VND
– Departure time: From Rach Gia is 08.10 – 12.45 and from Phu Quoc is 08.10 – 12.45.
Fares and train times from Ha Tien – Phu Quoc
– Ticket price: Adults 215,000 VND and children 150,000 VND
– Time of train: From Ha Tien 07h45 – 12:30 and from Phu Quoc 10h20 – 14:30
Notes when taking the train to Phu Quoc
To choose a train to Phu Quoc like you should also know the notes below:
– In order not to miss the schedule you should book the train about 3-5 days before going, especially the Tet holiday with a lot of travel needs.
– To avoid price pressure at the pier, you should buy tickets online with the same fare.
– If you are afraid of motion sickness, you can choose a sitting position and take anti-motion sickness medicine.
– Comply with the regulations on ticket control of staff on board.
– Bring identification such as ID card / passport / driver’s license to buy tickets to board the train.
– Should arrive at the pier at least 30 minutes before the train starts.
– You can take a bus from Duong Dong town center to the pier for about 30,000 VND / person.
– By motorbike taxi at the pier, the price fluctuates about 70,000 VND / person.
That is the whole experience of choosing a train to Phu Quoc with price, time and note . Hopefully, the above useful information can help you choose the most suitable boat type when exploring Phu Quoc pearl island.