As one of the sacred historical sites bearing an important mark in Vietnam, Con Dao has witnessed many pains, surviving artifacts, remains of soldiers buried here along with landmarks. Famous spirituality should be the place where people go to pray for good luck, thanksgiving. Let’s learn about the experience of going to Con Dao at the end of the year to know more about this meaningful activity.
Appropriate time to go to the year-end ceremony
Choosing to go to the year-end ceremony in Con Dao at some places such as Nui Mot pagoda, Phi Yen temple or visit Hang Duong cemetery , … can come at any time of day. Only to visit Co Sau’s grave, the season, when people go to mass, is from the beginning of October to the end of December of the lunar calendar. The best time to come every day is after 10 p.m. (Rat time), because this is a sacred time frame, all your wishes will come true. Photo: @keindydaoPhoto: @ttbabypinky
The place to go to the ceremony in Con Dao at the end of the year
Con Dao is considered as a heroic demonstration of many ups and downs of the nation’s history. The experience of going to Con Dao ceremony , the sacred atmosphere covered with spiritual destinations, each place has a meaningful story. It is a place where people come to visit, send their beliefs and wishes. Some of the top names to mention such as:
Hang Duong Cemetery
A large and famous cemetery in Con Dao as well as across our country, there are now tens of thousands of martyrs’ tombs. They were revolutionary soldiers, Vietnamese patriotic who had to die under the brutal torture of the French colonial government for over 100 years at Con Dao prison , including famous names. such as: Le Hong Phong, Vo Thi Sau, … Tourists come here often stop by to light incense, spend a moment of silence to commemorate their great merit. Photo: @tjtote
Visit Co Sau’s grave
Mo Co Sau or soldier Vo Thi Sau is currently located in zone C of Hang Duong cemetery. The destination cannot be missed for anyone when coming to Con Dao, especially the holidays, Tet and Co’s death anniversary in January. Because according to the experience of going to Con Dao at the end of the year, the hero is associated with Sacred anecdotes, considered sacred symbols always protect this land. The children of the island, visitors coming here sincerely to offer ceremonies and worship will always be blessed.Photo: @ bh.2212
Nui Mot Temple
Nui Mot Pagoda , also known as Van Son Tu, is beautiful architecture in the direction of the water. This is not just a landmark with a historical and cultural significance. But there is also a sacred destination that attracts people on the island as well as tourists to pilgrimage and pray. Every day, the pagoda is always crowded, people come to pray to the Buddha to pray for the martyrs who have fallen to a great degree as well as hope that the family will always be safe. Photo: @tranghinnnn
Temple of Mrs. Phi Yen
An Son Mieu is a place established by people here to worship Ba Phi Yen, the wife of King Nguyen Anh. A woman who is loyal and virtuous, has a life of tragic but always admonished until her death. In addition, there is also the grave of the son of Prince Cai. Folk tell each other that this place is very sacred, so the scent of red smoke is always burning, crowds of people come to pray.Photo: @ mynguyen2609
People in the village came to expect her to tell her about good and evil omen. Visitors from all over the world also prepare thanksgiving ceremonies on these occasions. To pray for peace and fortune for oneself and for their family. And especially the odd ones who hope to find the right love will come. The experience of going to Con Dao ceremony at the end of the year from October 17-18 of the lunar calendar is the anniversary of her death, this place is always crowded with many meaningful activities.Photo: @cunghaidi
Temple of the Ba Ngu Hanh
This place is also known as Co Nam Temple, a sacred and important place. The temple was established by the people to worship 5 gods who look after 5 different jobs on the island: Kim (metal, metal), Moc (wood), Thuy (water cradle), Fire (firewood), Tho (earth belt) . With the desire to sail smoothly, peacefully and smoothly. So not only people but tourists also love coming here to worship, especially on the occasion of the year-end thanksgiving ceremony.Photo: @Taucaotoc
Experience at the end of the year Con Dao ceremony: Preparing ceremonies
Preparing things before going to the Con Dao ceremony is also important to note. If you want to be thoughtful, you should buy it at home to take it away, otherwise, to the markets or shops in the center of Con Dao, there are also available in sets for different places. What do you need to buy at the festival ? Refer to the essential sets:
– The tribute to the heroic martyrs in the cemetery includes: the Fatherland flag, the hat, the clothes and shoes for the soldiers, the scarf and a few bundles of incense to burn incense around .Photo: @ toan.t.voPhoto: @ 96hoangnhia
– Sacrifices at Ba Temple, Cau Temple, Nui Mot Pagoda: fresh white flowers, fruits, candies, incense . Or you can also bring a bouquet of white flowers sincerely to worship and pay merit with money if you do not bring the ceremony.
– The ceremony to visit the grave of Ms. Vo Thi Sau is indispensable 7 main dishes: conical hat placed on the back then going on a set of combs, gold and silver banknotes, stack of gold bars, mineral water bottles, incense sticks and not forgetting flower bouquet characteristic white . Photo: @ luukha410
Order to go to the ceremony in Con Dao
The experience of going to Con Dao ceremony at the end of the year is also necessary to learn about the journey. There are no specific rules, each person has their own way, but most people will follow these steps.
In the morning, go to Hang Duong cemetery at the ceremony and burn incense at the memorial monument. Then visit the graves of some famous people from zone A to zone D. To the Co Sau grave, visitors only come to burn incense and the main ceremony will take place at 10 pm daily. On the way back, stop at Con Dao prison, Nui Mot pagoda and Ba temple to burn incense.Photo: @ boduong.46
– At night, go to the cemetery first to do the ceremony at the Monument of the Warriors area before proceeding to the Co Sau grave. Presenting ceremonies and offering them to Co’s tomb, then wait for her turn to come to the ceremony, due to the large number of visitors, have to wait patiently, not crowd and push each other. Photo: @ trangthungo93
Some other note when going to Con Dao ceremony
– According to Con Dao handbook experience , the places to go to the ceremony here are very sacred, so before coming you must choose your clothes carefully. It is best to wear blue clothes to go to the ceremony or otherwise the clothes should be discreet, not revealing, affecting the dignity.
– Do not make noise, rude speech affect the people around.
– Go to the ceremony according to the right process, at the right time for each place. Photo: @ joy.nguyen649Photo: @ nhv_5
Con Dao in the last days of the year, the natural scenery becomes more peaceful and lyrical. Not only for sightseeing, visitors here do not forget to visit sacred places to pray for luck, thanks to a peaceful and peaceful year. Hopefully, with the above experiences to go to Con Dao ceremony at the end of the year, everyone will have a meaningful trip to end a full year with lots of joy!