Coming to Saigon’s Chinatown, you will learn about the typical culture of the Chinese people, discover unique cuisine, and many interesting experiences. Let’s see what’s special about Chinatown in Saigon.
Locating the coordinates of Saigon Chinatown
Saigon Chinatown has a large area extending from District 5 to District 6 and a part of District 11, the busiest area is still District 5. This is a place where a large number of Chinese people live, attracting tourists to visit the city. Unique architecture and unique culture of the Chinese people.
To get to Saigon Chinatown, from the center of District 1 you can go by taxi, motorbike, or motorbike taxi about 6km to Lon market. Or you can take bus number 150 at the University of Economics and go straight to Chinatown on Le Quang Sung street.
Saigon Chinatown is a tourist attraction
Discover Saigon’s Chinatown
What does Saigon’s Chinatown have? You will admire the works with unique architecture, typical of Chinese culture. Among them are famous places such as:
Tam Son Hoi Quan
Tam Son Hoi Quan located on Trieu Quang Phuc street is a long-standing assembly hall of the Chinese living here. The assembly hall was built to worship Thien Hau Thanh Mau, who has the ability to help seafarers according to the Chinese concept. This famous temple in Saigon’s Chinatown has typical Chinese architecture, bold history and cultural features, becoming a tourist attraction.
Tam Son Hoi Quan has a unique architecture
Ha Chuong Assembly Hall
Also known as Huong Chau Assembly Hall, it was built as a place for religious activities and meetings. The entire assembly hall has an area of 1,500m2, has a large courtyard area and is sculpted with delicate stone, brick, and wood. Ha Chuong Assembly Hall consists of all three horizontal compartments with large space. You can go to Ha Chuong Assembly Hall on New Year’s Day for pilgrimage. Or on the occasion of the 23rd of the third lunar month, there is a ceremony to celebrate the Virgin Mary and the spirit worshiping ceremony on the 9th day of the 7th lunar month.
Ha Chuong Assembly Hall
Thien Hau pagoda
Traveling to Saigon’s Chinatown, you cannot miss Thien Hau Pagoda, also known as Ba Cho Lon Pagoda. The temple is located on Nguyen Trai Street in District 5 with traditional Chinese architecture. On the 23rd day of the 3rd lunar month every year at Thien Hau Pagoda, the Via Ba festival takes place with many unique cultural activities attracting visitors to participate.
Check-in Ba Thien Hau pagoda. Photo: mydailynez on Instagram
Nhi Phu Temple
Nhi Phu Temple located on Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street, District 5 is a unique architectural work carved with wood, wood carvings and ceramics. The Temple of Bon Dau Cong, also known as Ong Bon Pagoda, has become an attractive destination for tourists when coming to Saigon. On the full moon day of January and August, Ong Bon Pagoda festival is held with many unique cultural activities such as dragon dance, lion dance, martial arts performance…
Nhi Phu Temple is impressive with Chinese architecture
Luong Nhu Hoc Lantern Street
Luong Nhu Hoc Lantern Street is the most favorite place for tourists when coming to Chinatown in Ho Chi Minh City . On the full moon day of August, this street is decorated with all kinds of shimmering lanterns attracting tourists to watch and take pictures. Coming to Luong Nhu Hoc lantern street, you can also choose to buy all kinds of typical Chinese lanterns with prices from 10,000 VND to 50,000 VND. In addition, on this street, there are also attractive snack shops.
Luong Nhu Hoc Lantern Street
Enjoy delicious food at Chinatown in Saigon
What to eat when going to Saigon’s Chinese street? You will enjoy many delicious dishes in Chinatown such as:
– Specialties of Chinese Roast Duck: To enjoy Chinese roast duck, you can go to Bui Huu Nghia Street, where there are many famous roast duck shops. In which, the most delicious is restaurant located on the left corner of Bui Huu Nghia street. Enjoy each roasted duck with golden skin, tender and sweetmeat. Roast duck can be served with dumplings or bread. The price of a roast duck fluctuates around 280,000 VND.
– Curry fish balls: The shop is located at the corner of the bow of the train on Nguyen Trai street, which is visited by many tourists. Enjoy each delicious crispy fish ball, bold sauce can be eaten with fried noodles or noodles are very delicious.
Food at Chinatown Saigon attracts tourists. Photo: Katie on Instagram
– Pulled noodles – kungfu noodles: A famous dish often seen in Chinese historical films. Each delicious noodle is served with wonton, char siu, duck, fresh noodles with braised ribs or dumplings. The price of a bowl of pulled noodles fluctuates around 50,000 VND.
– Chicken with traditional medicine: This is a healthy dish, with a delicious and nutritious broth. The price of a serving of chicken is 50,000 VND/bowl.
– Dimsum: A typical Chinese dish, made with many different fillings such as: Shrimp, pork, fish, crab… You can enjoy steamed, fried or boiled dim sum. In the Cho Lon area, there are many Chinese shops selling dim sum with prices ranging from 10,000 VND to 25,000 VND/piece.
Lots of delicious dishes
– Types of Sweet Soup: In addition, when coming to Saigon Chinatown, you can also enjoy many attractive snacks. These are famous types of Sweet Soupsuch as Almond Sweet Soup, ginkgo Sweet Soup, stewed papaya Sweet Soup, egg Sweet Soup, black sesame… The most popular is egg Sweet Soup made from chicken eggs and black Sweet Soup with flavor. Unique taste and good for health. The price of Sweet Soup ranges from 15,000 VND – 35,000 VND / cup depending on the type.
That’s the whole experience of discovering and having fun in Saigon’s Chinatown. Hope to provide you with the most useful information for your visit to this famous food and entertainment paradise in Saigon . In addition, you can refer to: Saigon travel experience is very useful for the upcoming trip.