If you know how to arrange a reasonable schedule, have experience in choosing rooms as well as attractions will help you save a lot of money. If you think that you have to have a lot of money to be able to come to the flower city of Dalat, then you are wrong. Let’s take a look at Vinlove with 5 Dalat travel experiences for only 100$!
Search for cheap flight tickets
Da Lat is the most attractive tourist city in the Central Highlands region, so the flights coming here are always exploited to the fullest to serve the needs of visitors to visit and explore. Currently, we can find 7 flight routes to Da Lat including from Hanoi, Hai Phong, Hue, Vinh, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, and Da Nang. The landing point is Lien Khuong airport, about 28km from the city center. No need to worry about traveling because there are many means of transportation such as taxis, motorbike taxis, shuttles, etc. around the airport area, you can easily choose a suitable form of transportation.
If you are in Hanoi or Saigon, the best way to Dalat is by plane. However, the price of tickets booked on the spot is quite expensive, almost over 1.7 million VND to own a normal class seat. But if you plan your trips early, follow and hunt for cheap flight tickets of airlines with many promotional offers. You may need to book a few months in advance, but in return, the cost can be unexpectedly reduced to only 600 – 800,000 VND. For those of you who are closer to Da Lat, the cost of taking a bus is still quite reasonable, not too high, even though you choose a sleeper bus with a price of 350 – 550 thousand VND.
Book a room many days in advance or Homestay
Da Lat hotels on normal days are reasonably priced, only from 200 to 800 thousand VND, of course, backpackers should choose budget hotels from 1 star to 3 stars. If you research carefully and contact to book in advance, the price may be cheaper, pay attention to find hotels with many incentives to get the highest promotion.
Or you can ask to stay at someone’s house through acquaintances. This form of Homestay is quite popular in foreign countries, but it is not too strange for our country, especially in a tourist city like Da Lat. You can go through social networks to find some locals and get acquainted, ask them to let you stay for a few days while traveling. If they agree, you can send a little money back to be more comfortable, both to show your care and to pay for the extras you used (washing, electricity, sleeping, eating, etc.) .).
In Da Lat, you don’t need to worry about renting a car. Especially, most of the hotels here come with car rental services in Da Lat. When booking, remember to ask more about the car rental service. Rent a car for 1 day in the range of 80k to 100k. The price is quite cheap compared to many other famous attractions.
Gasoline has to be taken care of by yourself, but only about 30,000 – 40,000 VND is enough for you to stay for 2-3 days. Because the cars here are often used quite a lot, there may be frequent breakdowns, before renting you need to consider choosing a car carefully to avoid having to “clean the shell” for the previous tenants, also limit Go to places with rocky terrain to keep the car safe.
But if the places you choose to visit are not far away, walk to both improve your health and protect your pocket. Dalat has quite a few flat roads and places for visitors to walk to.
Visit places for free
It may seem unattractive, but in fact, there are only a few luxury places that need to be charged, the rest of Da Lat is free to enter, for example:
- Valley of Love is a must-visit place for anyone coming to Da Lat, in addition to the winding roads on the romantic green grass, there are also Da Thien Lake and Vong Canh Hill that are very suitable for tourists. couples dating or to take pictures.
- Linh Phuoc Pagoda is located at 120 Tu Phuoc on Highway 20, 8km from the city center. You can come here to ask for incense, worship, pray for good luck… If you come here on the full moon day, you can also draw a very meaningful tattoo hexagram.
- The Chicken Church is located at 15 Tran Phu, this is the largest chicken-shaped church in Dalat. You can climb the bell tower to see the whole flower country from above.
- Xuan Huong artificial lake stretches for nearly 7km, if possible, come here in the early morning and at sunset to be able to fully enjoy the fanciful space of the lake.
Eat and drink freely
Even if you only bring 2 million, you can still eat and drink freely in Da Lat, because this place is famous for many affordable dishes but the quality is undeniable. You can choose from a number of foods such as:
- For breakfast, you should experience Da Lat’s shumai bread. This is one of the delicious dishes in Da Lat that is very popular with tourists. The meal includes bread with a separate bowl of shumai. When eating, people dip each piece of bread into the rich sauce. Not only hot and delicious, but also extremely reasonably priced. Each part is only from 15,000 to 20,000 VND.
- Lunch at the Three-car beef hotpot at the Wood restaurant. Beef hotpot restaurant with hot pot full of meat, delicious for only 150k / portion for 2 people.
- Beef vermicelli, Quang noodles, banh chung at Nha Chung Street, priced from 15,000 – 20,000 VND depending on the type. Particularly, Banh Canh is only sold at noon from 11:30 to 13:30.
- Wet cake with chicken hearts sold from 14:00 to 19:00 for 27,000 VND for a large bowl, one person may not be able to eat it all.
- Ice cream, fruit, smoothies, baked rice paper, tea… at Nguyen Van Troi street at extremely affordable prices.
- The buffet of dried fruit, ice cream and tea costs only 39,000 VND, but you can eat as much as you want until you can’t eat it.
- The rice at the rice shops around the area has an affordable price of about 20 thousand VND, you can choose any kind of meat, fish, shrimp… very delicious.
With the above experiences, you can completely go to Da Lat within 3 days and 2 nights without being constrained. In addition, before going, you should prepare the necessary items, lightweight clothes that are easy to wash, remember to bring a hat, umbrella in case it is sunny or rainy.