KHANH HOA – With a route of about 22 km, taking 2 days and 1 night to complete, Ta Giang has been the most attractive route for trekking in the South over the past 2 years.
If you have the opportunity to come to the sunny and windy land of Khanh Hoa but do not want to swim in the sea. Try to change your “taste” to conquer the beautiful Ta Giang steppe. And if you do not know anything about Ta Giang. Let Vi Vu Phat share a detailed Ta Giang steppe trekking experience for you. My goal is to support you to discover strange lands in the land of Vietnam.
1. Where is the beautiful Ta Giang steppe?
When mentioning Khanh Hoa, surely you will only think of beaches. But here there is also a place called Ta Giang steppe. Ta Giang steppe belongs to the administrative territory of Thanh Son commune, Khanh Son district, Khanh Hoa province. This place is just a small village in a mountainous area. In addition, Ta Giang is also located adjacent to Phuoc Binh National Park of Ninh Thuan.
2. How to move to Ta Giang
To do the Ta Giang trekking tour, you must first reach Ninh Thuan or Khanh Hoa. But according to the Ta Giang trekking guide of Vinlove, you should move in the direction of Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa will be more convenient for you. You can travel by two means to get to Cam Ranh.
- Motorbike: Depart from Ho Chi Minh to Cam Ranh. Then move another 60km to Ta Giang village. The journey is about 10-12 hours or maybe more than 1 day if you stop to rest. If you intend to travel, choose this vehicle.
- Bus: Depart from the Eastern bus station to Cam Ranh. Next, take a bus or 16-seat car to Ta Giang village. Going by this means will save time and not lose too much energy.
The total journey of the Ta Giang trekking route will fluctuate about 30km including the way back and forth.
A small note in the Ta Giang steppe trekking experience of Vinlove is that you should come to the village early in the morning. So that when you stop at the campsite, you will also have time to admire the sunset.
3. Trekking in Ta Giang is the most beautiful season
If you want to admire Ta Giang to the fullest. You should pay attention to choosing the right time to do it. From March to June every year is the best time to depart the Ta Giang trekking tour. During this time, the climate will be extremely warm, there will not be much rain and the road will not be slippery.
Based on the skills of trekking in the mountains and forests of Ta Giang, Phat recommends that you limit going in the rainy season. The humid weather, heavy rain, and slippery roads will make conquering more difficult. In addition, it will be difficult for you to admire the inherent beauty of Ta Giang.
4. Suggestions for Ta Giang trekking tour schedule
Ta Giang steppe trekking route is commented by many trekkers as easy to go. Therefore, you only need about 1-2 days to conquer all the trails leading to the campsite.
Vi Vu Phat will suggest you a very brief 2 days 1-night journey to explore the Ta Giang steppe as follows:
- Depart 1 night in advance in Ho Chi Minh, arrive at Ta Giang village early in the morning.
- On the morning of day 1, arrive, check your belongings, have breakfast, and warm up your body.
- Move another 60km to reach Ta Giang village. Start your trekking journey from here.
- Stop for lunch by the stream, rest for about 1 to 1 and a half hours.
- Continue the journey until the campsite.
- Set up tents, set up everything. Prepare a BBQ if you want.
- Relax and rest early. Nurturing for tomorrow’s journey.
- Wake up to the dawn. Have breakfast and clean up the tent.
- Trekking back to Ta Giang village.
- Stop for lunch along the way at the cool stream bank.
- Goodbye Ta Giang village in the afternoon.
- Take the bus back to Cam Ranh.
- Departure back to Ho Chi Minh. End schedule.
This is just the basic schedule for Ta Giang steppe trekking. You can find more detailed information here .
5. The beauty of Ta Giang steppe
Ta Giang steppe has green vegetation like a natural picture. There are streams so clear that you can see fish swimming around. Surrounded by lush green forests. Raglai banana forest with ripe bananas. And finally, the most special is the vast Ta Giang steppe. All combined, creating a different beauty. And surely after the journey to conquer Ta Giang. When mentioning Khanh Hoa, you will no longer remember the golden sand beaches. You will forever remember the sunset or sunrise in the immense green steppe of Ta Giang.
6. Experience trekking to explore the mountains and forests of Ta Giang
If you still haven’t figured out what you should do. You can rely on some experience trekking Ta Giang steppe of Vinlove:
6.1. Prepare before you go
- Organize your luggage properly.
- Prepare yourself with a good pair of gripping trekking shoes and a backpack with a power belt.
- Prepare physically and mentally for trekking as well as mentally before going.
- Balance your diet to stay healthy before your trip.
- If you have registered with tour companies, please contact to ask for the necessary information.
- Check the weather before you go.
- Refer to more articles or learn more trekking skills needed when doing the tour.
6.2. Necessary tools
- Clothing: Enough for the number of days to go. Do not bring too much.
- Trekking shoes.
- The backpack has a power belt.
- Medical instruments.
- Personal items.
- Trekking stick (If available).
- Money and identity documents.
7. Some notes when trekking in Ta Giang
- Do not arbitrarily separate the group.
- Do not litter, destroy the environment.
- Do not eat strange plants and grasses.
- Follow the instructions of the group leader.
A Ta Giang trekking trip will be perfect and safer if you have experience. But if you don’t have one, don’t worry. There are many ways to learn more experiences, as long as you have the heart to conquer and explore. Even if the road is difficult, you will overcome it. With the experience of trekking the Ta Giang steppe of Vinlove suggested. Hope you can have a complete Ta Giang trekking trip.