Traveling to Cat Ba in October is one of the most beautiful times of the year here. The fresh weather brings a more peaceful beauty, no longer noisy and crowded like summer. This is also the season of fresh seafood and extremely interesting experiences.
October – Cat Ba’s autumn flutters
October when the weather is no longer too harsh of the summer sun, but instead is the cool breeze. The low season for tourism should no longer be crowded and bustling, but instead, there is a peaceful beauty so you can slowly enjoy nature in your own way.
Not only being free to fully explore the peaceful scenery, coming to Cat Ba in October is an opportunity to experience a climbing trip to see the rich flora and fauna. Cycling on the beach to enjoy the beautiful scenery early in the morning, visit many places. And especially, you can also fill your hungry stomach with a variety of fresh seafood in season.
Do not see the deserted autumn of Cat Ba but faint because coming here in October you will not encounter a situation of room fires, high ticket prices for sightseeing and travel services, expensive meals,… Reasonable room rates plus comfort will definitely make your trip more fun.
1. Means to go to Cat Ba
– Personal means : Traveling to Cat Ba in October is self-sufficient , private means is considered the first reasonable choice. Starting from Hanoi, you follow the direction of road 5 to Hanoi – Hai Phong highway. When you reach the last station, you turn into Dinh Vu – Quang Ninh direction, continue in the direction through Tan Vu – Lach Huyen bridge. Crossing the bridge will come to Got ferry moving through Cat Ba island.
– Bus : Take the bus to Hai Phong at Nuoc Ngam or Gia Lam wharf and get off at Lac Long bus station. Then, take a motorbike taxi to go to Binh wharf to take a train to Cat Ba. The bus operators: Anh Huy Dat Cang, O Ho, Hoang Long,… Fares from 80,000 VND/ticket.
– Train : the means of transportation from Hanoi to Hai Phong is chosen by many people. Depart from Long Bien station, Hanoi station or Gia Lam station if you bring a motorbike. Ticket price from: 100,000 VND/person.
– Airplane : choose flights to Cat Bi airport, then take the car to Cat Ba. Ticket prices range from 1 million to 1.5 million VND/ticket.
2. Means of transport in Cat Ba
– Motorbike : Hai Phong travel experience traveling by motorbike will be more convenient to explore. Rent is about 100,000 VND/day. Some suggested motorbike rental addresses:
- Cat Ba motorbike rental _Motorbike shop – 188 Nui Ngoc.
- Motorbike rental – 206 Nui Ngoc.
- Motorbike rental Tuan Dat – Cat Ba town.
– Bicycle : going sightseeing, eating or visiting fishing villages, … by bicycle will bring a lot of interesting experiences. You can borrow it right at the hotel or resort that you stay in, which is very convenient.
– Tram : easy to call a car even if you travel short distances, carrying many people are the advantages of electric cars so you can choose this vehicle to travel on the island.
Interesting activities when coming to Cat Ba in October
1. Trekking Cat Ba National Park
In Cat Ba in October, life seems to be slower, the autumn winds gently pull back, the golden sunshine spreading over the forests has put on a new color. Coming here to be immersed in nature at Cat Ba National Park, there are many routes to choose from depending on your ability. Passing through the ancient autumn forests, Frog Pond, passing the top of May Bau to enjoy an unforgettable view.
2. Adventure climbing experience
An activity that not everyone has the courage to participate in, but the Cat Ba travel experience in October is especially loved by tourists. The craggy cliffs at Beo wharf, Ba Trai Dao island, Tien Ong island, Lien Minh valley,… challenge participants. It requires a lot of skill and courage to conquer.
3. Kayaking, paddle boarding
Kayaking or sup boating is an interesting autumn sea activity that you should not miss. From the town center take the train to the calm areas for a challenge of sailing. Some suitable places for this experience are: Ba Trai Dao beach, Dark cave – Sang cave, Me Kong cave,…
Cat Ba tourist destination in October
1. Cannon Fort
Cannon Fort or peak 177 is one of the tourist attractions in Hai Phong that is frequented by many people. The ideal location to enjoy the whole view of Cat Ba from above. During the day, go to the fortress to visit the cannon cellar, ammunition cellar, check in beautiful scenery. At night, you can enjoy the misty sea view, sip a cup of coffee while the town lights up beautifully.
2. Lan Ha Bay
Lan Ha Bay in autumn, the waves gently rolling on the sea surface, the golden sand is iridescent, the quiet scenery brings many indescribable emotions. No more crowded scenes, the ships parted the waves to the sea. Cai Beo fishing village is peaceful under the strange blue sun. Play with monkeys and enjoy delicious seafood.
3. Monkey Island
Cat Ba travel experience in October to Monkey Island, also known as Cat Dua Island, to play with funny monkeys and feed them. Sit and enjoy the sea breeze, enjoy a drink or experience kayaking on 2 beautiful arc-shaped beaches.
4. Cat Ba fishing port
Autumn in the seafood season, the fishing port in Cat Ba must be the busiest place. Coming here early in the morning, you will see busy mooring trains carrying a variety of seafood ashore. If you’re lucky, you can also buy yourself fresh seafood dishes at a reasonable price to take home to process and enjoy.
Discover Cat Ba cuisine in October
1. Delicious dishes to try
– Cat Ba seafood : culinary discovery at this time is a must-do travel experience in Cat Ba . Enjoy seafood on a yacht or fish raft with thousands of delicious dishes: surface, tu comei, blood cockles, blue crabs, squid eggs, octopus, fish, sea snakes, green mussels, … feel free to enjoy to satisfy your cravings. Just a little lemon, lemongrass, mustard with a few more liters of water and you will forget morning and night.
– Lien Minh chicken: this is a rare breed of chicken raised on Cat Ba island, with high economic value and especially delicious food. Chicken has crispy skin, tender and sweet meat. There are many delicious dishes prepared, the most famous is the honey-baked Lien Minh chicken, which makes anyone who has just smelled it, they will already crave it.
2. Specialties bought as gifts
– Cat Hai fish sauce : When traveling to Cat Ba in October, before going back, remember to buy a few bottles of this famous Hai Phong fish sauce to save for food or as a gift for your loved ones. Fish sauce that is marinated, brewed and sun-dried according to standards has a delicious taste and characteristic aroma that helps the dishes to be more delicious when processed.
– One-sun mackerel: spiny or pollinated mackerel is cleaned and brought to dry in the sun to drain but still ensure the natural sweetness. Well-preserved mackerel can be used for a long time, brought home and processed for the family to enjoy and as a gift, guaranteed to be very popular.
Where to go to Cat Ba in October?
Coming to Cat Ba at this time is sparse, so there are more options for resorts. There are many top famous hotels and resorts in Cat Ba that you should choose such as:
– Flamingo Cat Ba Resort
- Address: Cat Co beach 1, 2; Cat Ba, Cat Hai, Hai Phong.
- Room rates from: 1,899,000 VND/night.
– Catba Island Resort & Spa
- Address: Cat Co 1 Beach, Cat Ba, Cat Hai, Hai Phong.
- Room rates from: 1,300,000 VND/night.
– Hôtel Perle d’Orient Cat Ba – MGallery
- Address: Cat Co 1 Beach, Cat Ba, Cat Hai, Hai Phong.
- Room rates from: 3,600,000 VND/night.
– Sea Pearl Hotel Cat Ba
- Address: 219 1/4 Street, Cat Ba Town, Cat Hai, Hai Phong.
- Room rates from: 758,000 VND/night.
– Cocoon in catba
- Address: 48 Nui Ngoc, Lot 2, Cat Hai, Hai Phong.
- Room rates from: 300,000 VND/night.
Recommended itinerary to Cat Ba in October
Coming to Cat Ba in October, your trip will be more relaxed. Suggested 2 days 1 night schedule you can refer to:
– Day 1: Hanoi – Cat Ba Island
- Visiting Lan Ha Bay, Monkey Island.
- Swimming at Cat Co beaches.
- Try squid fishing at night on the sea.
– Day 2: Cat Ba Island – Hanoi
- Visit and shop at Cat Ba’s central seafood market before heading back to Cai Vieng wharf and back to Hanoi.
Traveling to Cat Ba in October, the ideal time to enjoy a relaxing trip and enjoy the romantic scenery of nature to the fullest. If you are planning to come here next time, please refer to the above experiences to have a meaningful trip to autumn.