Exploring Ba Chieu market, visitors will enjoy shopping for items at super cheap wholesale prices and especially enjoy a culinary paradise where every dish is not only delicious but also super nutritious and super cheap. Let’s “break into” this famous market with Vinlove!
Where is Ba Chieu Market in Saigon?
To explore the Ba Chieu market , you should first learn a few things about this most famous market in Saigon ! Ba Chieu Market’s original name was Xom Market and was built in 1942. The market has a large area of 8,500 square meters with 40 items for sale. The reason it is called Ba Chieu market is because Chieu means natural pond. Ba Chieu is the goddess on the pond, so she is considered the ruler of this area. Since then, Saigon people call it the Ba Chieu market.
Ba Chieu Market is a paradise for shopping and exploring Saigon cuisine. Photo: mia
How to get to the Ba Chieu market
Experience exploring Ba Chieu market: You can easily move to this market by motorbike following the directions on Google Maps. In addition, you can also go by bus to Ba Chieu market with the following bus routes:
– Bus route number 08: Departs from District 8 bus station to National University
– Bus route number 104: From An Suong bus station – Nong Lam University
– Bus route number 146: Eastern bus station to Hiep Thanh market
– Bus route number 24: Eastern bus station to Hoc Mon
– Bus route number 51: Mien Dong bus station – Binh Hung Hoa
– Bus route number 54: Mien Dong bus station – Cho Lon bus station
– Bus route number 55: Quang Trung Software Park to District 9 High-Tech Park
– Bus route number 95: Departs from Mien Dong bus station – Tan Binh Industrial Park.
How to get to Ba Chieu market
Explore Ba Chieu market – a culinary paradise that attracts tourists in Saigon
Exploring Ba Chieu market in Saigon, visitors will enjoy a culinary paradise where every dish is not only delicious but also super cheap. So what to eat at Ba Chieu market ?
Ba Chieu market sticky rice restaurant
Although it is a popular sticky rice restaurant, it is always very crowded. A set of sticky rice is full of fried chicken, char siu meat… The sticky rice is very flexible, soft and eaten with shrimp, meat and especially super delicious sauce. The sticky rice restaurant is located at the corner of the intersection of Ba Chieu market. The shop opens in the late afternoon and is a familiar address for people who come home from work late at night.
– Address: 318/1 Bui Huu Nghia, Binh Thach District
– Opening hours: 17:00 – 23:00
– Price: 20,000 VND/serving
Ba Chieu market sticky rice restaurant. Photo: @thon.foodie
Durian sticky rice at Ba Chieu market
The sticky rice shop at No. 384 is famous for its sticky rice cooked with durian, which is not only delicious but also greasy. Although the sticky rice is cooked with durian, the flavors of green beans and sticky rice are not mixed. Enjoy delicious durian sticky rice, eat it once and you’ll be addicted.
– Address: 384 Bui Huu Nghia, Binh Thanh District
– Reference price: 10,000 – 50,000 VND/box depending on the amount of durian.
Durian sticky rice at Ba Chieu market. Photo: @Thon.foodie
Ba Chieu market snail shop
When exploring Ba Chieu market, you definitely cannot miss the famous snail restaurant at 282/4A Bui Huu Nghia. The restaurant has a spacious and airy space, opening early around 5:30 p.m. and is very crowded. The restaurant serves a diverse menu of delicious snail dishes such as: Stir-fried water spinach snails, stir-fried wool snails with coconut, grilled quail eggs, grilled blood cockles with onion fat… The special thing is that when diners enter the restaurant, they will have 3 cups of fish sauce. milk to eat with super delicious snails.
– Address: 282/4A Bui Huu Nghia, Ward 2, Binh Thanh District
– Reference price: 30,000 VND/depending on dish.
Ba Chieu market snail shop. Photo: thegioidiadiem
Vu Tung fried rice noodles
Pha lau is a typical dish that any tourist who has the opportunity to travel to Saigon wants to enjoy. Pha Lau is fried, so when enjoyed, it is deliciously crispy, delicious, and served with delicious kumquat sauce. Especially the dish fried with water spinach and garlic is irresistibly delicious. Served with fried pha lau, it is indispensable to have rich coconut water and crispy bread.
– Address: No. 90 D. Vu Tung, Ward 2, Binh Thanh
– Reference price: From 30,000 VND/serving.
Vu Tung fried rice noodles. Photo: @caibung_doi
Ms. Beo’s soft-boiled eggs
Ms. Beo’s soft-boiled egg shop is an address that you must definitely enjoy when exploring Ba Chieu market . The restaurant is located in Bach Dang alley, always very crowded. Soft-boiled quail eggs and chicken eggs are cooked until they are thick and delicious when enjoyed. Enjoy soft-boiled eggs without Vietnamese coriander and salt. Besides soft-boiled eggs, the restaurant also serves cheese yogurt, chicken feet soaked in lemongrass and kumquat…
– Address: Alley 181B Bach Dang, Binh Thanh District
– Price: 20,000 VND.
Miss Beo’s delicious soft-boiled eggs are famous for their deliciousness. Photo: vunem
Tai fish noodle soup
It would be a big mistake to come to Ba Chieu market and not enjoy the vermicelli fish sauce dish at number 855. The restaurant cooks vermicelli fish sauce according to the famous delicious Western flavor. Each full serving of vermicelli with fish sauce has squid, roasted pork, fish cakes, shrimp… The bowl of vermicelli with fish sauce costs from 45,000 VND, super delicious and high quality. Besides vermicelli and fish sauce, the restaurant also serves super delicious crab noodle soup that is sure to make you go crazy.
– Address: No. 855 Ba Chieu market
– Price: 30,000 VND
Bun mam Tai attracts tourists at Ba Chieu market. Photo: Trinh Thanh/Youth Newspaper
Notes when going to Ba Chieu market in Saigon
Let’s take notes when going to Ba Chieu market below!
– Ba Chieu Market operates from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
– You can shop all kinds of items at Ba Chieu market such as: Clothes, shoes, bags, cosmetics, household appliances… at super cheap prices.
– Ba Chieu Market is a paradise for buying wholesale goods, but to choose good priced items you should also bargain before buying.
– The quality of goods at Ba Chieu market is very diverse, so you should differentiate to choose the best product.
– The best time to go to Ba Chieu market is in the afternoon, when you buy, you won’t have to worry about being the one to open the store. Besides, at this time there are many food stalls on sale, so you can freely choose.
– To buy souvenirs at Ba Chieu market, you should go on weekends or holidays.
Hopefully the useful sharing above will help you have a complete trip to explore the Ba Chieu market in Saigon and have the most interesting experiences.