The duck meat is soft and fragrant, succulent, the bamboo shoots are crunchy and the broth is naturally sweet.
Ingredient ( 9 )
- 1/2 duck (1.2 – 1.4 kg)
- 500 grams of bamboo shoots
- 4 dried onions
- 4 cloves
- 1 ginger root
- Spices: Fish sauce, salt, seasoning powder, pepper
- Spices: Green onions, Chinese coriander, coriander
- Vermicelli served with noodles
- Cooking oil
- Choosing ducks that are about 60 – 80 days old is the best. Before surgery, the duck should drink a little white wine or lemon juice to eliminate bad odors from the inside. When pre-processing, you should cut off the fish float, where the fluid glands are concentrated, which is not good for your health. Then use ginger wine to deodorize and rinse. If you have fresh custard apple leaves, rubbing them and washing them will also help deodorize them well. Careful preparation will effectively remove odors, making the duck soup with bamboo shoots delicious.
- Depending on your diet, adjust the quantity accordingly. After preparing the duck, take 1/2 duck and cut into bite-sized pieces. Marinate the duck meat with a little onion, minced garlic and spices (fish sauce, salt, seasoning powder, pepper) and mix well to absorb the flavor. As for the blood and gizzards, clean them, boil them and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Usually cook Northern-style bamboo shoot soup or use fresh bamboo shoots. Depending on taste, you can also use bamboo shoots. Slice bamboo shoots into thin pieces, then boil 2-3 times in water with a little salt, open the lid to remove toxins, then wash and drain.
- Sauté the onions, add the marinated duck meat and gizzards (except the blood added later), and stir-fry to allow the spices to blend in to make the meat more flavorful. When the meat is firm, add boiling water and adjust the amount of water enough for everyone to eat. Cook over medium low heat until the duck is tender and juicy. Occasionally skim off foam if there is any.
- Stir-fry the garlic, stir-fry the bamboo shoots, and season with a little fish sauce so the bamboo shoots don’t taste bland. Scoop in the golden surface liquid from the pot of water to simmer the duck. Bamboo shoots absorb the essence of the sweet and fatty juice of duck fat, becoming golden and more beautiful and delicious. This is the secret to making bamboo shoots more delicious when cooking bamboo shoot soup in general.
- Pour the stir-fried bamboo shoots into the duck pot, increase the heat so the water boils, lower the heat, continue cooking until the duck meat is tender (as desired), and the bamboo shoots absorb the delicious sweetness. Add blood and cook together. Adjust seasoning to taste. If eating with vermicelli, add a little more flavor. Finally add green onions, Chinese coriander, a little coriander and stir well and turn off the stove.
- Finished product requirements: Duck meat is soft, fragrant, succulent; Crispy bamboo shoots, naturally sweet broth. This dish is served with vermicelli or white rice, with a bowl of ginger fish sauce, dog basil, Chinese coriander, and coriander for a perfect taste.
- It is necessary to prepare the duck cleanly, remove odors by cutting off the fishing float, apply a mixture of ginger wine or custard apple leaves, lemon and salt, and wash thoroughly before cooking the delicious dish.
- Bamboo shoots need to be boiled a few times, opened to remove toxins, and then processed.
- With bamboo shoot soup dishes, you should cook it twice over the fire (the first time is stir-fry to absorb the flavor, adding duck broth; the second time is to simmer with the dish) to make it sweeter and tastier.
- Spices should be added last when turning off the stove to preserve the aroma. Add coriander or leave it alone, depending on taste because it has a slightly bitter taste.