Phu Quoc is famous for many delicious specialties, including sea cucumber – a precious gift from the sea that has given this place. Phu Quoc sea cucumber has a strange shape, but is extremely delicious and nutritious, making every visitor who has the opportunity to visit also want to enjoy it once!
Sea cucumber – delicacies of Phu Quoc sea
Sea cucumber is also known as sea leech or sea rum, the people of Phu Quoc also call it “survival”, “rumored”. This is a marine species that has a very small number and is difficult to keep, so it is very rare. Phu Quoc waters have a large number of sea cucumbers that bring high nutritional value and are popular with many tourists.
The dish from Phu Quoc sea cucumber is loved by many tourists because it contains many nutrients, helps stabilize blood sugar indicators, and reduces blood fat in the body. In particular, sea cucumbers contain compounds that help fight cancer, along with the ability to antibacterial and inhibit pathogenic fungi and bacteria. In addition, sea cucumber is also a dish with antioxidant effects and effectively slows down the aging process of the body.
With these great uses, sea cucumber becomes a favorite dish of many tourists when they have the opportunity to travel to Phu Quoc . However, it is not always available on the pearl island that sea cucumber raw materials are available. Therefore, to enjoy delicious dishes from sea cucumber you go in the dry season from November to April next year. At this time, the source of sea cucumbers in Phu Quoc is abundant, fresh and reasonably priced.
Sea cucumber is a famous specialty of Phu Quoc sea
How much is the price of Phu Quoc sea cucumber?
Phu Quoc sea cucumber has all 2 types: white sea cucumber and black sea cucumber. The price of sea cucumber depends on whether it is dried or fresh. Usually, dried sea cucumbers are more expensive than fresh ones, which are both convenient to process and suitable for tourists to buy as gifts.
– Price of fresh sea cucumber : fluctuates about 600,000 – 1,800,000 VND/kg (for white sea cucumber). If you buy by children, the price is about 150,000 VND / child depending on the weight. ($1=24,000 VND)
– Price of dried sea cucumber : There is a price from 2,500,000 to 3,000,000 VND/kg.
The price of dried sea cucumber is usually more expensive than the fresh one
Where to buy the freshest sea cucumber in Phu Quoc?
To buy Phu Quoc sea cucumber, you should choose reputable addresses, first of all you need to know how to choose to buy fresh sea cucumber below:
– For fresh sea cucumbers, choose those with large size, round body, less viscous and with spines in the body.
– If you buy dried sea cucumber, you should choose the one that is black, dry, has no strange smell or is not moldy.
You can refer to some addresses to buy delicious sea cucumbers in Phu Quoc below:
– Phu Quoc Night Market (6 Bach Dang Street, Duong Dong Town)
– Duong Dong Market (No. 21 Tran Phu Street, Duong Dong Town)
– Ham Ninh fishing village (at the foot of the mountain in Ham Ninh, Ham Ninh commune).
Phu Quoc night market is the place to buy delicious fresh sea cucumber
Delicious dishes made from sea cucumbers
There are many delicious dishes from Phu Quoc sea cucumber for you to enjoy, including:
– Sea cucumber porridge : First of all, delicious and nutritious sea cucumber porridge. For the best sea cucumber porridge, you can cook it with chicken, abalone and mushrooms.
Sea cucumber wine : It is a favorite drink of men with many good health benefits. Therefore, sea cucumber wine is loved by many people to buy for use or as a gift.
– Stir-fried sea cucumber with shiitake mushrooms : Delicious specialties from sea cucumbers must include delicious and nutritious stir-fried dishes with shiitake mushrooms. You can enjoy this dish at many seafood restaurants in Phu Quoc pearl island.
Sea cucumber is processed into many delicious and nutritious dishes
Where to eat delicious and cheap Phu Quoc sea cucumber
If you still don’t know where to eat the best sea cucumber in Phu Quoc , you can refer to some suggestions below:
1. Sailing Restaurant
– Address: 127 Tel 47, Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc
– Opening time: 8am – 11pm
Ra Khoi restaurant has a cozy space chosen by many diners when coming to the pearl island. The restaurant serves a variety of fresh seafood dishes, including sea cucumber. Sea cucumbers are caught directly from the fresh waters of Phu Quoc and processed into many delicious dishes.
2. Ngu Uyen Phu Quoc Restaurant
– Address: 336 Nguyen Trung Truc, Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc
– Opening time: 10am – 11pm
Next is Ngu Uyen restaurant on Nguyen Trung Truc street, which is famous as a paradise serving delicious dishes from sea cucumber. The delicious dishes from sea cucumber at the restaurant are the most favorite to mention: Sea cucumber cooked with abalone, elderberry sea cucumber… In addition, the restaurant also serves shrimp, hornbill, sea urchin, Melaleuca mushroom.
In Phu Quoc, there are many places to eat delicious fresh sea cucumber
3. Remember Seafood
– Address: 40 Mac Thien Tich, Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc
– Time: 16h – 23h30
The address to eat delicious Phu Quoc sea cucumber that you should not miss is Me seafood restaurant in Duong Dong town. Coming to the restaurant, diners will enjoy delicious dishes from sea cucumber and fresh seafood dishes such as squid, octopus, and urchin. The restaurant has a spacious, cool and clean space ideal for enjoying delicious meals.
Hopefully, the information shared above will help you better understand Phu Quoc seafood specialties and choose the best place to eat. For more dining options when coming to Phu Quoc, you can refer to: Fill your stomach with super cheap street food on 30/4 Phu Quoc.
Photo : Internet