With cool fresh air with vast grassy hills, Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill is one of the “coordinates” to check in extremely chill virtual living in Quang Ninh. Let’s find out the detailed information to discover right away or miss it.
Where is Phuong Hoang?
Phuong Hoang is also known by the people as the Three-Tier Mountain. Located in 12 Khe village, Bac Son ward, city. Uong Bi, Quang Ninh, and only about 40km from the center of Ha Long. This place is likened to a wild steppe, surrounded by undulating mountains and green pine trees. Bringing an extremely romantic atmosphere that is not inferior to Da Lat, making backpackers fall in love.
At an altitude of nearly 500m, Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill has a spacious space and fresh air, so this is a suitable place for you to temporarily escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Enjoy trekking trips, camping weekends. Standing anywhere on this hill, you can feel the vast space, nature as spreading right in front of your eyes, feeling extremely free.
How to get to Phuong Hoang?
– Traveling by motorbike : from the center of Hanoi, you go in the direction of crossing Chuong Duong, Long Bien or Vinh Tuy bridges, … to go to National Highway 5. Go towards Hai Duong city, passing Sao town Red. Follow Highway 18 about 20km to Dong Trieu town, continue 30km along Provincial Road 326 to Uong Bi city. From here, follow the direction of Bac Son about 8km to the foothill.
– Travel by bus : take the bus route My Dinh – Uong Bi city, the fare is about 120,000 VND/person. To Uong Bi city, you can rent a motorbike or motorbike taxi to go up Phuong Hoang hill. Some quality garages:
- Phu Binh car rental – Tel: 0203 356 5656.
- Dai Phat car rental – Tel: 0983 651 722.
- Phuc Xuyen car rental – Tel: 1900 6022.
- Hung Cuong Limousine – Tel: 0377 388 388.
Experience going to Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill: in which season is it beautiful?
It can be said that at any time of the year in Phuong Hoang Hill, nature also brings impressive beauty, paintings with different colors and interesting experiences. However, there are 2 times that are considered to be the most worth going here:
– Green grass season (spring, summer) : the time when Phuong Hoang hill in Uong Bi is full of life with the smooth green color of large lawns. The overflowing beauty makes the space of this place seem to brighten up.
– Burning grass season (autumn, winter) : Specifically from October to January next year, the space seems to be quieter when those green grasses put on a glossy golden brown coat of burnt grass. Young people invite each other to the Phuong Hoang to camp to watch the romantic sunrise and sunset, take artistic photos with lyrical beauty.
Experience at Phuong Hoang
1. Take a photo to check in
Perhaps here you will not need to pose or set up much, just stand in a certain corner and you will have a very beautiful picture right away. Because in Quang Ninh , this is one of the most impressive places to take photos to check in. Just choose for yourself beautiful, monochrome outfits such as: red, white, black, … to stand out on the grass background.
And for those who want to take unique photos, it is revealed that you should choose at dawn from when the clouds are still covered until the first rays of the day appear or in the afternoon when the sunset is brilliant. There are two times of the day when Phuong Hoang Hill wears a beauty that makes anyone fall in love when looking at it.
2. Camping experience
Camping overnight on Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill is an experience not to be missed if you want to fully explore the beauty of this place. Invite your friends to cross the steep roads, set up tents together, enjoy the tranquil atmosphere full of poetic. Enjoy an outdoor barbecue and stargaze together.
Wake up early in the morning, when the dew drops are still on the leaves. Pulling down the tent door is a sea of clouds. In the distance, the first rays of the new day are glimmering behind the hillside. That wonderful moment is not everywhere and you can easily catch it all the time.
Coming to this picnic spot in Quang Ninh , if you don’t want to bring fancy things, you can also book a Camping service on the top of Phuong Hoang mountain. Tents and blankets are prepared, you just need to bring your personal items and warm clothes. Camping price:
- Weekdays: 200,000 VND/person/day and night.
- Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays: 200,000 VND/person (During the day), 400,000 VND/person (Overnight).
- Price of motorbike taxi: 60,000 VND / 1 way.
In addition, at the foot of the mountain, there is Phuong Hoang Homestay for you to combine mountain climbing with the bamboo forest, bathing in streams,… Room style on stilts has 2 rooms priced at 750,000 VND. Thai house has 4 rooms, price 600,000 VND/room.
– Food and beverage service: combo of baked goods 200,000 VND – 300,000 VND / person (Breakfast + dinner). Food will be prepared and brought to the tent for you to cook and enjoy yourself.
Note when visiting Phuong Hoang
– Traveling to Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill is true to the nature of backpacking, still spontaneous, so there will be little service. If you come here to camp, it is best to prepare everything to take away such as: food, drinking water, cooking utensils, toiletries, insect spray, …
– There are no toilets or garbage cans on the hill, so it is necessary to be conscious of protecting the surrounding environment, not to litter indiscriminately.
– Moving from the bottom of the hill to the top of the hill, you should choose a large displacement vehicle and drive firmly. If not, renting a motorbike taxi or walking is also an interesting experience.
Tourist places near Phuong Hoang hill
1. Binh Huong Peak
Quang Ninh tourism experience , Binh Huong peak is also one of the favorite camping and nature exploration sites for young people. Located at an altitude of 470km, where there are rolling mountains and rich vegetation. A place where you can enjoy the fresh air and relax after stressful working hours. Ticket price: 50,000 VND/person.
2. Yen Trung Lake
Yen Trung Lake is located in a poetic valley, surrounded by green hills. This is the largest freshwater lake in Quang Ninh with romantic scenery. People often invite each other to come here for sightseeing, camping and participating in many interesting activities such as kayaking, fishing, …
3. Three Golden Temple
After exploring Phuong Hoang Uong Bi hill, you can spend time to visit the scenery and visit Buddha at Ba Vang Pagoda. The pagoda was built during the reign of King Le Du Tong, over the course of more than 300 years with many renovations, the pagoda is now a large architectural complex. The space is pure and full of peace, come to pray for good luck and good things for yourself and your family.
4. Yen Tu
Yen Tu is the place where King Tran Nhan Tong chose to be a place to practice and founded the Truc Lam Yen Tu sect. This is known as one of the largest Buddhist centers in our country, every year in the early spring, Buddhists from all over the world make pilgrimages here. The journey to climb the mountain to the land of Buddha to admire the beautiful scenery, check in to the Dong pagoda is an unforgettable experience.
Phuong Hoang Hill Uong Bi is a place that possesses an enchanting beauty among the pine slopes and eye-catching grass. Those who love to explore, do not miss this place on your trekking, camping trip to have a really enjoyable time.