The vermicelli is cooked until it’s soft yet chewy, the chicken gizzards are just right, the wood ear mushrooms are crunchy, the egg is rich and flavorful… the broth is sweet. A simple dish that easily pleases the taste buds during Tet.
( ten )
- 2 sets of chicken intestines (gizzards, intestines, intestines, heart, blood…)
- 150 grams of arrowroot vermicelli
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium wood ear ears
- 1.5 liters of chicken broth
- 1 handful of spring onions
- 1/2 handful of coriander
- Dried onions, fried onions (optional)
- Spices: Fish sauce, salt, MSG, pepper
- Fat or cooking oil
- Preparing chicken gizzards: On Tet, a bowl of hot vermicelli is always easy to please taste buds of all ages while taking advantage of the chicken broth and chicken gizzards available when making the feast. Chicken intestines and gizzards are rubbed with salt and washed. Wash the heart, liver, and colon. Blood and young eggs boil over low heat until cooked.
- Choose vermicelli: Choose delicious arrowroot vermicelli with the telltale sign of light gray, slightly opaque color similar to the original color of arrowroot. When cooked, this type of vermicelli will be tough but soft, shiny without falling apart. Purchased vermicelli, soak in warm water until soft, then wash and cut into 10 – 12 cm long pieces.
- Prepare other ingredients: Soaked wood ear mushrooms, washed, cut into long strips to taste. Wash and soak the shiitake mushrooms, chop half of them finely, leave the remaining petals and trim the flowers on the surface to drop into the pot of broth for aroma. Sliced onions. Wash green onions and coriander, chop the green onion heads into small pieces.
- Marinate: Scald the gizzard, intestines, intestines, wash and cut into bite-sized pieces. The chicken gizzards are cut into a beautiful star fruit flower shape. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Marinate the chicken gizzards with 2 teaspoons of delicious fish sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper for 10 – 15 minutes to absorb the flavor.
- Stir-fry chicken gizzards: Stir-fry the dried onions, add the marinated chicken gizzards and stir-fry until firm. When the chicken gizzards are cooked, add chopped wood ear mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms and stir-fry until cooked. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Broth: Use Tet chicken broth to cook delicious sweet vermicelli. If you’re making a Tet feast at home, use the dried shrimp heads (after the shrimp bodies are cooked in the main dish) and put them in a cloth bag and drop them into the chicken broth to help the broth add a deep, natural sweetness. Add some shiitake mushrooms to add more aroma. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Finishing : Pour the vermicelli (soaked and washed) into the pot of chicken broth until cooked, then divide into bowls (to accommodate enough people). Then, scoop the stir-fried chicken gizzards on top, add green onions, coriander, then scoop up the hot broth, sprinkle a little pepper to have a delicious bowl of hot chicken intestine vermicelli.
- Finished product requirements: Vermicelli cooked to soft but still chewy, stringy, crispy gizzard, rough wood ear mushrooms, fleshy young eggs… broth is sweet, just right taste, with the scent of green onions and coriander . A simple dish that easily pleases many people’s taste buds during Tet.
- In the traditional Tet feast of Hanoi people in particular or the North in general, the bowl of hot vermicelli is actually not part of the ”4 bowls, 6 plates” structure (usually the 4 popular bowls are bamboo shoots, sprouts, mushrooms, or mushrooms). with squid cooked with puppets, pigeon stewed with lotus seed nuggets). But during the period of poverty subsidies, a bowl of vermicelli with water cooked with chicken gizzards had the opportunity to prevail at wedding ceremonies and gradually became loved by many people and included in the Tet menu.
- Chicken gizzards need to be carefully prepared: squeeze salt, wash to deodorize, blanch in hot water, then rinse again before marinating and cooking.
- Choose arrowroot vermicelli that needs to be soft and chewy while still being shiny. Avoid buying too-bleached vermicelli, the ingredient mixed with cassava flour when cooked can easily become mushy and tasteless.
( According to vnexpress )